The Shipping Industry is like a multi-faceted diamond. It has many different sectors and therefore, many different jobs to offer. It functions internationally providing customers round the clock services. It runs on a higher-than-usual frequency: working in the operations room is like working in an emergency room of a hospital. There are vessel requirements and regulations changing all the time. The personnel of this industry need to respond quickly, troubleshoot, and deliver solutions non-stop. The Shipping Industry has historically been one of the major economic resources of Greece and has always supported its people throughout difficult times.
If you believe that you fit in Shipping and are interested to gain work experience, let us connect you and show you the ropes. By preparing you in the first steps, and helping you become visible directly to the best of Greece’s Shipping Companies and Maritime Cluster Members on the 1st CV Platform we have created for you, you have a better chance to become employable.
It is important to remind you PROJECT CONNECT does not do not guarantee Internships nor jobs. Its aim is to enhance your employability. Few employers hire without experience. Sometimes hiring depends on the the timing. But you still have to be ready…
“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity”, Seneca
Acting as a hub, we facilitate the following for undergraduate students and shipping companies:
PROJECT CONNECT opens the door to the Shipping community, for eligible undergraduate shipping students, ages 18 to 23 who maintain a grade point average of 6.5.
PROJECT CONNECT offers opportunities that add value to Shipping Companies who are willing to give students a helping hand in the first steps of their Shipping careers.
PROJECT CONNECT offers you, the young professional in-the-making, a chance of work experience via Office Visits, Apprenticeship, Internship and or Sandwich Course.
1. HR departments may select you for a work experience opportunity. The registration procedure involves a getting to “know you” questionnaire, a soft skills assessment game, a viewing of Dr. John Kalogerakis self-development webinars “Νιάτα Ψηλά” series “Individual Work Responsibility” and possibly, a prescreening interview by our Shipping Professional Advisors (interviews are conducted Wed to Fri, by appointment only). Then your CV is uploaded and viewed by several HR officers.
2. Get to know a shipping company better and learn what will be expected from you in the workplace. As a student member you have access to “MY SHIPPING CAREER” Students Tool Kit which gives you useful admin and professional tips that will enhance your chances for future employability.
3. Invitation to a virtual Shipping Company Office visit.
4. Free, exciting, professional and personal seminars and webinars: Work-Ship, CARE (office admin skills, business conduct and dress code, communication, management & self-motivational skills) and Potentia guidance webinars.
PROJECT CONNECT’s vision is a sustainable and competitive Greek shipping industry, with its unique maritime tradition to be passed on to the next generation by the “Brain-Bank”, which are the principals, managers, captains, engineers, and Administrative staff who currently run today’s shipping companies. We believe in “Brain+Gain” under the training of professional executives that currently run Shipping Companies. This is why we suggest work-study opportunities in operations departments, in Greece. Currently we focus mostly on work experience in Administration, Operations, Chartering, Technical and Accounting departments, working as administrative support (Admin Asst).
The ONLINE CV PLATFORM registration process runs from February until April. Then selection process begins till end May and hopefully there are internship opportunities for the summer.
We are now pre-screening for promising students to join our Available Candidates On line CV Database, for the school year 2022-23.
Be a significant link in the next generation workforce chain. We are stronger together.
Jump start your career in shipping today!
Go to Sign up & Register.
E-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Menu of Extra Services ala carte
Professional services from HR experts, depending on what best serves the needs:
1. Assist in building and strengthening your professional profile from CV editing to presentation skills for interviews. €30
2. CV in one extra language or a different lay-out (template) €65
3. Tailor made Seminars and Courses, using a focused learning & practical approach. Typically seminars are conducted in teams of 4-8 participants and the duration is 2-3 hours. €65- €100/person
In case the Website online service does not function: Register with PROJECT CONNECT by sending your current Curriculum Vitae (CV), your objective statement and a request for an appointment for a registration interview to email@example.com