The Shipping Industry is like a multi-faceted diamond and has several sectors. It functions internationally providing customers round the clock services. It runs on a higher-than-usual frequency: working in the operations room is like working in an emergency room of a hospital with vessel requirement and regulation needs popping up from left to right. The personnel of this industry respond quickly and deliver solutions. The Shipping Industry has historically been one of the major economic resources of Greece (if not the top) and has always supported its people throughout difficult times. If you believe that Shipping is for you, and need a connection to it, we can be that connection for you!
PROJECT CONNECT offers a guidance-tips and useful shipping info package “My Shipping Career”, showing the ropes to young professionals in-the-making that register.
PROJECT CONNECT opens the door to the Shipping community for eligible undergraduate shipping students, ages 18 to 23, who maintain a grade point average of 6.5 and are interested in work experience gained from an internship, apprenticeship or office visit.
PROJECT CONNECT Internships involve mostly administrative assistance, offering the opportunity to grasp the meaning of all tasks from the support side first and build your way upwards. We focus mostly on undergraduate students’ work experience in Operations, Chartering and Accounting departments. Ask about our Internship Programs and Office Visits during your interview.
Although the aim is to enhance your employability, there is no guarantee for a job, because that depends on the employer and timing.
Registration interview and outsourced-HR-expert service available upon request.
Register with PROJECT CONNECT by sending your current Curriculum Vitae (CV), your objective statement and a request for an appointment for a registration interview to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests are answered case by case by the following procedures:
- Registration interview & CV editing (Wed to Fri, by appointment only)
- Assistance to build and strengthen professional profiles from CV editing to presentation skills for interviews
- Provision of seminars on office admin skills, business conduct and dress code, communication, management & self-motivational skills, “CARE” tools
- CV circulation to our shipping network & uploading of CV on our online CV database
Menu of Services:
- Acting as a hub, we facilitate the following:
- Currently we focus mostly on undergraduate students work experience in Administration, Operations, Chartering, Technical and Accounting departments, working as administrative support.
- Circulate & post candidates’ Curriculum Vitae (CV) to our diverse shipping network to help place them upon openings. There are no guarantees for jobs but we do help enhance the chances through this exposure.
- Assist in building and strengthening their professional profile from CV editing to presentation skills for interviews.
- Provide seminars on office skills such as: office dress code & manners, business communication, leadership & motivation skills, based on CARE tools; and directions according to the specific needs of each candidate.
Registration and professional services from HR experts, depending on what best serves the needs:
- 30minutes: Registration interview & Process of Application: discussion on CV editing & guidance tips. DB CV posting to our members & circulation to relevant openings. €30,00
- CV in one extra language or a different lay-out (template) €65,00
- Tailor made Seminars and Courses, using a focused learning & practical approach. Typically seminars are conducted in teams of 4-8 participants and the duration is 2-3 hours. €65,00 – €100,00/person